Sunday, September 7, 2008

Thing 19

I have not listened to podcasts before today. I started with education podcast directory. While searching for information available under computer/technology, I found a podcast by Alan November. I have seen his web site and found his techology education materials outstanding. I tied up all my time listening to his podcast. I found the information interesting. Because the podcast was a presentation at a conference, we miss out on the information provided visually. Too bad, it would have been very applicable. I needed to pause the playback and unfortunately hit stop. Of course, now I can't figure out how to return to the point I left off. I really don't want to start from the beginning.

Listening to podcasts can be quite time consuming. I use a laptop and feel tied to the computer instead of listening while doing other things. Also the format of listening to an entire presentation doesn't allow me to scan for useful content or look ahead to whether it may or may not be worth continuing the podcast. These limitations will influence how much I continue to listen to podcasts. However, this was a nice introduction.

No comments: