Friday, February 1, 2008

Thing #2

After reading the Library 2.0 links in Thing #2, I feel like I stepped into a swirling cloud of information. Library 2.0 presents an interesting challenge for libraries to wed the literal and virtual worlds. It is hard to wrap my mind around the concept, much less specific ways to do it. At first I thought our small K-8 school library was completely in the musty, old book era. On further thought, I realize we have made some small steps into the world of the virtual library. Very small!


At this point, I have no idea what to do with the information in Library 2.0. Where will it take us? Amazingly a few general ideas have surfaced. I don't know whether anything will come out of these ideas. The discussion of Library 2.0 presents a lot to think about even if it is the mental equivalent of wandering around in whiteout conditions.

No comments: